Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering.. any issues with doors off.. but hard top still on.? For highway 70mph driving. Or doors off with soft top still up? It's still in that hot one day.. snowing the next stage here in the stl area. Not committed to removing the hard top yet.. the one time I did do the doors off with ht on.. I quickly had the feeling that I was going to splatter a ht on the car behind me! It didn't move or anything.... just ALOT of crazy air and pressures in the cabin like that! Let me know!

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you had a soft top I would say take out the back window to allow the air to flow. You could maybe take out the hard top rear window but that would probably be harder than the entire hardtop. Especially with the defrost and wiper

·
Registered
70 Posts
It doesn't seem like a good idea because of the pressure on the back window.
I would just get a hoist-a-top so you can get the top on and off easily. It takes no time at all.
Another great option is an OEM soft top, if you don't want to get caught by a passing storm. You can fold it back up in less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
No problem. Early spring/late fall I usually opt to remove the doors since they're easier to put back on than my soft top when the weather is bouncing between hot and cold.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I do it all the time. Never an issue. BUT be sure the hardtop is bolted down. Safe? I've run hundreds of miles at 70-80mph.. never an issue. Been doing it for 15 years.

I like the flow of air and I like the shade/secuity with the hardtop.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah.. looks like the po wasn't keen on bolts.. I think I got 1 on 1 side and 2 on the other...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts