Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to take my doors off and had a couple of questions:

Will disconnecting the wiring harness let the computer know that the doors are off or is the Door Ajar message going to be constantly on in the EVIC?

Will the interior lights be always on? With my TJ I only had manual locks and windows but the door plunger was popped out when the doors were off and I had to clip them back to trick the computer to shutting off the lights.

How (if at all) does it affect the alarm/security system? Assuming the key fob will still activate the alarm/security, but only the tailgate will lock/unlock.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I remember on my TJ having to pull the fuse! The JK has it all figured out. The lights stay off, there is no EVIC warning & the alarm & trunk work with the FOB.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
when you disconnect your door, your jeep doesn't care. it just ignores the fact that they are no longer connected. interior lights and everything act just as if the doors were on. the only concern i had when i took them off the first time is when the radio is running and you turn your jeep off it will stay on for a minute or two and then turn off. so you can hit the radio power button as you are hopping out or just walk way and it will turn off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wanting to take my doors off and had a couple of questions:

Will disconnecting the wiring harness let the computer know that the doors are off or is the Door Ajar message going to be constantly on in the EVIC?

Will the interior lights be always on? With my TJ I only had manual locks and windows but the door plunger was popped out when the doors were off and I had to clip them back to trick the computer to shutting off the lights.

How (if at all) does it affect the alarm/security system? Assuming the key fob will still activate the alarm/security, but only the tailgate will lock/unlock.

Thanks!
* Computer knows the doors are off.
* Interior lights will not be on b/c the computer knows
* Security system will still work. Only the tailgate will lock, but you will want to unlock (and essentially disarm) the security before attempting to start the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ah yes, i forgot. if you jump in and its still locked the security system is on and if you push the key in the alarm goes off until you turn it. its typically only 1 or 2 beeps but it scares the crap out of you in the morning if you aren't paying attention.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I was hoping would be the case.

Time to pull the door bolts.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts