Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I've driven home from school (45 miles) with no doors and a bikini top.. it's not that bad. I've also had it rain heavily several times with them off while parked.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a 4 door and have only been in a couple sprinkles with the doors off so far. Had the top on and didn't get wet at all. I would imagine it to be pretty dry in a downpour as long as there was no cross wind blowing the rain in. Got no actual experience w/ that tho. Just a theory. I'm sure plenty of people have done it and will chime in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i think its more fun to drive through the rain with no doors.. still running stock tires so i do get wet. but the jeep was built to get wet so it dries fast :D

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
The biggest mistake people make is getting their Jeep rained in and THEN putting the top up and doors on.. then it gets all musty and smelly and never dries out..

·
Registered
177 Posts
The biggest mistake people make is getting their Jeep rained in and THEN putting the top up and doors on.. then it gets all musty and smelly and never dries out..
X2.... i leave my doors off and top down all the time.... been rained on a couple times while driving, no big deal... if u go fast enough you dont get wet...
anyway, I've had my jeep completely soaked inside... couldn't have been worse if i took a hose to it...
just leave the jeep somewhat open until it completely dries out... if anything, put the top up, doors on, and leave the windows down, including leaving off the windows from the soft top... remember to pull out ALL of the drain plugs...

·
Registered
98 Posts
i had my soft top on and doors off and caught in a massive thunderstorm. when i was moving it was fine but when i came to a stop all the water from the soft top barreled in and had about 1" of water through out the jeep. It dried out pretty quick but it got soaked.

·
Registered
899 Posts
What about the radio? Power window buttons? Do they do Ok in the rain?

·
Administrator
30,775 Posts
Electronics love the rain,,, I actually use a spray bottle on mine if rain isnt in the forcast for a few days.

Just in case!!!
:rofl:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all of the help!!! As it turns out, it rained here this afternoon!!! My son was like, "Really, Mom, no doors!" I said, "Son, it's a JEEP, it'll dry out!"

·
Registered
177 Posts
What about the radio? Power window buttons? Do they do Ok in the rain?
If your jeep is Trail Rated, your jeep features additional electrical and body sealing... along with much more of course...
mine is trail rated and my entire dash has been completly soaked... not a single problem...

·
Registered
14 Posts
If your jeep is Trail Rated, your jeep features additional electrical and body sealing... along with much more of course...
mine is trail rated and my entire dash has been completly soaked... not a single problem...
how do i know if my jeep is trail rated

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
how do i know if my jeep is trail rated
Open hood and unbolt left side valve cover, remove cover. From the front of motor count back to the 5th valve assembly. Proceed to remove 5th valve spring assembly, then slide out pushrod. At the bottom of the pushrod will be a miniature scroll rubber banded at the bottom. Open scroll...if it reads "trail rated" then your good. If not, trade it in and buy another. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts