Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to this forum, and purchased my 2011 sport unlimited about a month ago. First let me thank everyone who have unknowingly helped in other threads.

I have a quick questions for you guys. Do your doors stay open on their own? Because mine do not, even on flat ground or parked down hill and becomes bothersome when trying to work on something. Is there anything I can do to remedy this, or is it something I have to live with? Thanks again.

·
Registered
315 Posts
welcome to the fun of owning a jeep. If you're 2011 is anything like my 2007 there is not anything mechanical in place to prevent the door from swinging closed. it just has the strap to keep it from swinging open too far and "kissing" the front cowl.

There may be some mods people have put in place in their vehicle, If it was me and I was wanting to keep a door propped open I would get a small block of wood and use it as a prop rod.

I myself just take the doors off! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I think Jimbo has done a door mod to help in this matter.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you need the doors to stay open, park the Jeep facing downhill. If you need the tailgate open, park facing up hill. It's in the owners manual on pg. 107.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
JIMBOX said:
:whistling: Thanx rics--

There;s a couple different mfg and both sold by Quadratec-

I have the Armadillo Billett door stops

Adjustable and quickly removable --

Comes in handy in the desert !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO
U had to post your pretty jeep in the pretty
desert pics :thumb:

Do they allow the door to open a bit more than the factory straps ?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Man I'm gonna hateit when the "LEASE" ends !!

U had to post your pretty jeep in the pretty
desert pics :thumb:

Do they allow the door to open a bit more than the factory straps ?
No, mine won't let the door reach out that far, but I think the other one might and I don't know the name ofit !!

You can google/Quadratec for JK door stops , might get some info--

Man I'm a longtime supporter of the internets google--does SO MUCH better than the "choosy" "search", in all forums--

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
JIMBOX said:
:D Man I'm gonna hateit when the "LEASE" ends !!

No, mine won't let the door reach out that far, but I think the other one might and I don't know the name ofit !!

You can google/Quadratec for JK door stops , might get some info--

Man I'm a longtime supporter of the internets google--does SO MUCH better than the "choosy" "search", in all forums--

I know-- right :hide:

Me only asked cause it was brought up, not really an issue but.... :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts