Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried taking my doors off a couple weeks back and of course I snapped the bolts in the process. No big deal I wasn't going to put them back on anyways.

However, the doors will not budge. I've PB blasted them for days on end and still not the slightest movement. I've tried knocking the pins loose with a hammer but all I've done is chip the paint and annoy my neighbors.

Any suggestions on how I can get these things off?!?!

·
Registered
454 Posts
work back and forth (open/close) while putting some asss into it as far as pulling up in the process. mine were stubborn too but they went

·
Registered
703 Posts
work back and forth (open/close) while putting some asss into it as far as pulling up in the process. mine were stubborn too but they went
X2

Hadn't had mine off for a while. Took about an hour per side, while pulling up and going back and forth. Keep at it, they will come off. Good luck!

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
So I tried taking my doors off a couple weeks back and of course I snapped the bolts in the process. No big deal I wasn't going to put them back on anyways.

However, the doors will not budge. I've PB blasted them for days on end and still not the slightest movement. I've tried knocking the pins loose with a hammer but all I've done is chip the paint and annoy my neighbors.

Any suggestions on how I can get these things off?!?!
Some have used a block of wood and a hi-lift jack. Just make sure you have a friend there ready to catch them when they pop! Good Luck!

-Ryan

·
Registered
178 Posts
X3 happens every spring with my passenger door. Once you get them off, grease the hell out of everything. You'll never have a problem again, or at least the rest of the season.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
+1 or get some good anti-seize and cake it on the bolts and hinges and then use a q-tip To clean up all the visible and hard to teach areas it may have squeezed out of.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks everyone for all the advice. I will post photos of myself at the chiropractor after I pull out my back this afternoon :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
A few of my buddies have used the Hi lift jack method, I personally actully got the pin in half between the hinge with a cut disc haha! , use Heat if you can, and be safe.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Recently got some KROIL off Amazon and it unfroze what I thought was a broken lock cylinder. Some say its better than PB blaster.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used a block of wood an a jack an swung the door while my brother came up on the jack when you get them out I use white lithium grease when putting them back in

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
I used a block of wood an a jack an swung the door while my brother came up on the jack when you get them out I use white lithium grease when putting them back in
This is what I did. Just make sure you're lifting (floor jack) up close to the body so you don't tweak the door. After I got mine off I used emery cloth to sand them down. Pops right on and off now.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Freeze Off- Follow instructions on can and your done. Lift door right off (just like that)-I took my friends doors off in about 1 minute when he has been trying to get them off for weeks with PB.

Buy and use freeze off one time and you will never buy junk PB again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try Sea Foam Deep Creep! This stuff is by far the best I've tried. You will never use WD40, PB blaster or anything else again! Its a little expensive at $11-$12 a can, but you can spray it on a bolt and somehow it will run UP the bolt. Can't explain it, but I've seen it. Try it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts