Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few weeks now, my right rear as well as cargo door won't open on my 2014 JKU Sahara. with the key or door control. I essentially have to manually unlock with the key. Then, for some reason it starts working just fine. Does anyone have anything similar or know what is going on?

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
The fob may be starting to give problems. What year is your Jeep?

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Duh, went right over that in your first post.

Only the two doors, the right rear and tailgate.

Or it could also be the module. Since the driver door button won't unlock them either, then I would rule out the fob since that is the first item everyone (including me) would jump on and I had until I re-read your first post.

I would check and make sure the battery terminal clamps are good, If they are so tight that you cannot move them, then have the battery load checked at an auto parts store. If it is ok and is the OEM battery, consider yourself blessed because 3 yrs on the OEM battery is very good. That leaves only the module, which I would think once it failed, it would stay failed, which brings us back to the battery.

If the actuator had failed, it should stay failed.
If the module had failed, it should stay failed.
If the fob had failed, it would stay failed and the door button would work.

The only thing I cannot eliminate logically is the battery. When the battery has a poor connection or is weak, it can do crazy things in a Jeep JK.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I was going to suggest unplugging all the door connections, spraying them with contact cleaner, the plug and unplug them several times. With the tailgate not working, though, I'm not sure if that suggestion is even worth trying.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts