Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being as I am a new jeep owner I am dying to take the doors off. But the question is where should I store them? I would love to know the best places to keep them.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
A lot of people store them in their garage. Because I don't have covered secure storage, I keep mine in the dining room :). Really where ever you have space, which they don't need a lot, even a coat closet could hold them.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I store my full hard doors on hooks screwed into the ceiling joists of my garage. I hang them on two hooks per door by the window frame.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of people store them in their garage. Because I don't have covered secure storage, I keep mine in the dining room :). Really where ever you have space, which they don't need a lot, even a coat closet could hold them.
That's a good idea. They wouldn't fit in the back if I took the back seat out would they?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I put mine in the back of my closet. Our garage is either always open or we are out there doing stuff and they are in the way.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
That's a good idea. They wouldn't fit in the back if I took the back seat out would they?
Full doors will not fit in the back very well (if at all).

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wouldn't leave mine in the back seat, but I live in Hawaii where people break into your topless wrangler's glove box and throw your stuff on the floor board because all you had was metal cd's... i even went as far as throwing a lock on my hard top so they can't just unscrew it as i have no rear lift gate.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I just set mine on a couple of pieces of 2"x 4" boards off the ground, and lean them up against the side of the garage (away from the street) when I run doors off. A couple of years ago, and a relatively dry summer, they leaned into the garage for the better part of 3 months. This may not be an option if you live in an apartment or "association".

As easy as it is to remove my doors, I'd loathe carrying them into or out of my crib to store them. YMMV, and invariably will...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts