Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anything potentially bad happen if i add a 1" body lift to my 4" suspension lift? i have been searching around googling asking friends and havent really gotten anywhere..

im looking at in terms of brake lines drive lines etc. im just trying to gain the little extra clearance for 35s

thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
nothing bad will happen :)

your only raising your body...not your suspension so your brake lines etc will be fine.
now if you go more then 1" BL then u may or may not have minor issues

·
Registered
450 Posts
Pretty typical...shouldn't be an issue other than getting the old body mounts off.

·
Registered
698 Posts
actually i've seen people advising it as a good mod. it spaces the tub from the frame a little so you can blast all the mud and other junk out of there.

·
Registered
513 Posts
nothin wrong with a small body lift just give you a little more room to flex without gettin the tire into stuff . im sure there is more reasons than that but thats all i got right now.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
1" will be nice. Little extra clearance, doesn't mess stuff up to much, and isn't really it's hard to tell there is a body lift. Most body lifts above 1.25" look messy.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
excellent thank you guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 6 inch suspension lift with a 2 inch body lift so that my 35's would clear. np what so ever. had to put in a trans/transfer case drop kit in and some longer brake hoses, but other than that.... awesome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
OP--I'm not sure you can fit 35" tires with just a 4" lift and 1" body lift. If you do it will be tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts