Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the zone 4" lift on my jeep with 33x12.5s and was thinking today about looking into the 3/3.5" lifts, maybe one with higher quality controll arms and also put mce flattie fenders with the 3 inch flair then keep the 33s. As it is, my lift seems to sit a little lower than my friends jeep who has a 4 inch RE lift, mine measures about .5-.75" lower. I figure ill have the same axle clearance and possibly be able to eliminate some of the t-case drop with a smaller lift. Any opinions or recomendations would be great... does my idea seem dumb? :hide:
-Eventually I'd like to get an sye and cv drive shaft, so would i need adjustable upper and lower rear controll arms?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
2" suspension + 1" bl, some bumpstop extensions and a tummy tuck and sye.
That way you have a 2" lift with 4.5" lift clearance!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Your basically telling us you have a 3.25" lift now and want to get ride of it and spend money on a 3.5" lift because you don't want to spend the money on a sye/driveshaft right now....not to be rude but look at what I just said and re-read your post.... Why not just keep your 3.25" lift and spend what you would of spent on the new lift and buy the sye/driveshaft??? You might even have enough leftover for the upper control arms. ( and trust me, I wasn't tying to be rude... Ive asked tons of things in my life that I have gotten the same response to.) including my tj scrambler question...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
And to answer your other question, no! Questions In general are never dumb, and those that have thought and a plan such as yours def are not dumb....sometimes it takes a second set of eyes to see something right in front of us....

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
00tj2 said:
Your basically telling us you have a 3.25" lift now and want to get ride of it and spend money on a 3.5" lift because you don't want to spend the money on a sye/driveshaft right now....not to be rude but look at what I just said and re-read your post.... Why not just keep your 3.25" lift and spend what you would of spent on the new lift and buy the sye/driveshaft??? You might even have enough leftover for the upper control arms. ( and trust me, I wasn't tying to be rude... Ive asked tons of things in my life that I have gotten the same response to.) including my tj scrambler question...
Ha, sye and tummy tuck would put you at about 6" of lift on a 3.5. I say splurge and treat yourself in this awesome new year.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Jrussblues....are you talking about Nicolas-Eric keeping his current set up and splurging on the TT/SYE?? Or going with the new lift too??

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
00tj2 said:
Jrussblues....are you talking about Nicolas-Eric keeping his current set up and splurging on the TT/SYE?? Or going with the new lift too??
Sorry, 6" lift shouldve read 6" lift clearance. I knew someone would catch that.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I got ya, 6" under the chassis.....

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
see thats why I ask, so someone else can point out how much sense i make haha. I guess more or less what made me think of it was if i got a sye and driveshaft would I need adjustable controll arms? If that was the case, then i felt like it would be worth it to save for a whole kit.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also, with the adj controll arms, are uppers and lowers requiered?.... figure ill ask while I look around

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
im pretty sure upper control arms will be needed, at least from what i've read on here. i'm planning on doing a 1" body lift, MM lift, and tummy tuck. I already have a 2" BB and i know i will need a SYE/ new shaft. i was going to add a 4" lift on top of it but i figured what i have will fit 33's and i'll never go any bigger than that... if that...

and trust me, i hardly make any sense...haha

and btw, most lift kits that come with adjustable control arms are big bucks...you can prob just pick up a pair from currie or somewhere for a few hundred bucks...instead of a grand on up...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and btw, most lift kits that come with adjustable control arms are big bucks...you can prob just pick up a pair from currie or somewhere for a few hundred bucks...instead of a grand on up...
I did notice that while looking online yesterday. It would be awesome to have the money to fork out for all the right stuff, but one thing at a time will do for me. Just a full set of control arms from currie is a grand, Ill stick with finding rear ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts