Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
I would just leave the 36's, as I would think 3" lift spring in SOA as you have it are more than fine for that tire.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Just to clarify, you have much more than 7" of lift.

3" body, 3" spring and SOA (spring over axle) which is 5.5 to 6" of lift.

So, that is 12" total lift. dropping the 3" body lift, and replacing the tires with 33's will still leave you at 9" of lift with 33" tires, so it will basically look the same as it does now. only 6" closer to the ground. It is still going to be a tall top heavy ride. Not much of a daily driver.

But to each his own.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to clarify, you have much more than 7" of lift. 3" body, 3" spring and SOA (spring over axle) which is 5.5 to 6" of lift. So, that is 12" total lift. dropping the 3" body lift, and replacing the tires with 33's will still leave you at 9" of lift with 33" tires, so it will basically look the same as it does now. only 6" closer to the ground. It is still going to be a tall top heavy ride. Not much of a daily driver. But to each his own.

I took off the body spacers, I'll post pics soon

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yea I would keep the 36s, or maybe go to a 35x12.50 and run some newer, more road friendly tires. BFG All Terrain T/As or Duratracs I've always hated having to much space between the fender wells and tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts