Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 jku is going to be due for tires in the next couple months. It’s a sport with 6 speed manual trans & 3.21 gears. I bought the jeep with 2.5” lift & 35x12.50/17s on Level-8 Trackers 17x8.5 wheels. I’m considering going down to a 33 to possibly allow me to push off the regear even longer/maybe save on some wear and tear. 2 young boys = 0 budget for jeep mod!! Unfortunately this jeep sees 0 off-road use - did I mention the young boys! My question is if I go down to a 33” tire will the backspacing on my current wheels still be correct?

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
I would look into 285 75 17.
BFG KO2’s measure out at a true 33 and I think look good with a 2.5” lift.

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
Yes, back spacing is still good. With 3.21, the 285/70 is the right choice in my opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well change of plans - I’m re-gearing and sticking with 35s! I didn’t want to spend the money on myself but my wife said the entire family enjoys the Jeep - so it’s not just for me! She’s a keeper!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
Well change of plans - I’m re-gearing and sticking with 35s! I didn’t want to spend the money on myself but my wife said the entire family enjoys the Jeep - so it’s not just for me! She’s a keeper!!!
Well there you go! With the 6sp, I would go 4.88...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts