Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Yeti Drag Link with the XD Griffin. After couple weeks, of initial install and greasing the boot on the pitarm side ripped open. So I got a replacement boot (which was a pain in the ass to install) and this time I just made sure there was not lot grease on it.

After a week, I see the new boot having a small hole and leaving grease again. What gives? Is it something to do with the grease being petroleum based and the high temps during the day?

I verified and the pitarm end was not making contact with anything so I don't understand whats making the boots to lose its integrity.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I got a Yeti Drag Link with the XD Griffin. After couple weeks, of initial install and greasing the boot on the pitarm side ripped open. So I got a replacement boot (which was a pain in the ass to install) and this time I just made sure there was not lot grease on it.

After a week, I see the new boot having a small hole and leaving grease again. What gives? Is it something to do with the grease being petroleum based and the high temps during the day?

I verified and the pitarm end was not making contact with anything so I don't understand whats making the boots to lose its integrity.
Any chance that you can post a few pics? A couple of pics of the install and then one that shows where the boot is ripped.

And let's ask the guys that will know...

@Compliant and @kjeeper10

·
Vendor
739 Posts
We install over a million of these seals annually and only had one other YETI replacement that the guy thought was cut during installation. Not sure why two on the same vehicle in the same area, pitman arm. We have been using this seal on many programs for many years and very dependable.
Not sure why this seal is failing, but, when you grease these joints it only needs to be a small about of grease every 5K to 10K miles. However, if you do over grease the joint the seal is designed to release the excess grease.
Compliant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts