Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some of you post pics of your aftermarket Draglinks and Tierods. I want to see different brands such as Metalcloak, Currie, Synergy, or any other brands that are aftermarkets.

·
Registered
664 Posts
From the tie rod thread. Synergy track bar, drag link, tie rod, Artec track bar mount. Was running a RuffStuff tie rod, but without reamed knuckles the tie rod kept blowing out grease in a week.

Synergy track bar, stock drag link, RuffStuff tie rod, Artec track bar mount, CMM steering stabilizer mount.

·
Registered
535 Posts
TRAUMAhead, are you having any issues with the weight of the drag link rotating the bar down and prematurely wearing out the boots? I was reading this on another forum which was news to me. Just wanted to get your thoughts on it as I am planning to replace all three bars as you did.

·
Registered
105 Posts
All synergy :D
Off topic:

KJ did you have to drill a new hole for your ATS to fit with the Artec armor?

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have Synergy tie rod and drag link that I installed about 4 months ago and I've had to replace 2 boots already that had split open, one on the tie rod and one on the drag link.

Of course, these are wear items so Synergy wouldn't warranty them. Not that the boots are expensive, but I'm hoping this isn't something I have to worry about constantly replacing.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Mine split right at one of the creases, almost like someone had taken a knife and slit them. Maybe just a bad batch. I didn't think to try the boiling method. :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Mine split right at one of the creases, almost like someone had taken a knife and slit them. Maybe just a bad batch. I didn't think to try the boiling method. :facepalm:
Seriously, I tried boiling a iPhone Ottercase. Intent was to shrink it but instead made it soft and deformed. It might work to soften the rubber and allow it to flex without splitting.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well I know years ago with the old rubber dust boots, you could hit them with a shot of silicone spray lube to keep them from drying out and cracking. I don't know if that would have the same effect on the newer hybrid silicone/polyurethane boots. Might be worth a try though. Just can't see changing boots every few months. Someone must make a better boot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts