Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Drake E-brake handle cover on their 11-13 JK. It looks like you just shove it over the existing handle but it will only go on about 3/4 of the way before it gets stuck. I got it from Quadratec and it has no instructions...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone installed the Drake E-brake handle cover on their 11-13 JK. It looks like you just shove it over the existing handle but it will only go on about 3/4 of the way before it gets stuck. I got it from Quadratec and it has no instructions...
I got that e-brake handle. And had the same problem. I felt like if I ever got it on, it was never coming off. I would have returned it, but I painted it Dozer to match the Jeep. You could probably just tap it on lightly with a rubber mallet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I painted mine as well. I sent Drake an email and got no response. I decided to take my Dremel and cut the underneath of the handle so it would stretch and slide on easily. Poorly made and no customer service. But I made it work.........

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the item number, 12600 0126, Drake E-Brake Handle for 11-13 JK
(JP-181109-G) Item was on back order and I finally got it and I painted it and then found out it would not fit. I used my Dremel tool to cut underneath so it would fit. Bad picture attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree I dont think they look good at all stick with the stock one for now.

I bought this with the idea of doing what I did with the dash handle, that is, painting to match the rest of the interior trim I did in Dozer, and outlining the "Jeep" and "Since 1941" lettering in black. That project turned out awesome. Thought this would be a great accent to the dash handle, but it didn't fit. Also, because the lettering is surrounded by a slight circular indent, it made the lettering technique really difficult. Sitting on my workbench waiting for a redo on a rainy day. That is, a rainy day I'm not getting muddy. ;-)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I bought this from quadratec for my 2016 Oscar Mike and it sucks, goes on a little ways and gets stuck so it can't go on rest of way. I'm not sure if can hit it with mallet as that may make it get stuck for good lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts