Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dreadnought - 2015 Anvil JKURHR Build

I feel like I'm at an AA meeting.

Hello, my name is Mark, I am a jeepaholic. The last time I modded was Sunday.

I have secretly wanted a Jeep for several years. Fortunately my children allowed me to explore the possibilities as they grew up and neared the age of driving. About six monthswe bought a 2002 TJ in pretty rough shape. I spent about three months reading the forums and fixing it up. It needs a new engine as the piston slap is pretty bad but it runs.

That gave me the bug to get my own. Fast forward a few months and I placed my order for an unlimited Hard Rock. Was originally going with Sunset Orange, but chickened out at the dealership and went with Anvil. Picked it up last Wednesday and LOVE it!

I added my Grabars on day one and they are rely cool. Solid, subtle and functions. On Saturday I started installing my Metal Cloak Dual Rate ARB lift. When people say the instructions suck, they are correct, but the product I olid and the guys at MC are cool to work with. I added my Method Double Standards and 315/75R16s and that's when the "Oh sh*t" moment occurred.

I let the jack down and then let it down again. I then made sure I didn't leave the stands under the jeep.... Nope, that's how tall it is! Wow! My wife walked into the garage and asked "is that how tall it's gaining to be?" Of course I said, "noooo, the springs will settle over the net few months". She said "it is a beast and is scary looking". I though "cool" and told her not to worry it will be fine. That is when I thought... I don't want her to fear or dread my new Jeep, there is nothing to be afraid of. Don't dread riding in it.. That's it! DREADNOUGHT!

Dreadnought was the name of a WWI British warship that was the mother of a new class of heavily armed and armored craft, that eventually evolved into Battleships. To top it off, I think the anvil color is pretty close to battleship gray and I decided that might be a perfect name for it.

Pics inbound

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I love that new car smell!

My god! What have I done? (I can't even imagine 37")

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice, I was thinking about calling mine the Bismark. Let's hope they never meet. It probably won't end well for me! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, we just have to stay far away from the aircraft carriers!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Looks great, is it able to get out of the garage, or do you have to air down first?

PS I am jealous.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great, is it able to get out of the garage, or do you have to air down first?

PS I am jealous.
Thank you! I was a little worried but all the info on the forums said it would fit, and it did. I have about 3" to clear with the tires at 33 PSI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts