Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an 84 CJ7 in high school. Sold it because I was a stupid impatient kid. 23 years later, bought a 86 CJ-7.

image-3720969.jpg

image-3524762571.jpg

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks. It has been a long time coming.
That makes them even more special! I waited 31 years to get my dream car, a '64 1/2/early '65 Mustang. I valued him all the more for the wait, and the fact that my dream finally came true when my husband bought him as a birthday gift for me.

I think waiting makes us appreciate what we have even more than we would if we got the instant gratification of getting what we want exactly when we want it. Enjoy that Jeep!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes them even more special! I waited 31 years to get my dream car, a '64 1/2/early '65 Mustang. I valued him all the more for the wait, and the fact that my dream finally came true when my husband bought him as a birthday gift for me. I think waiting makes us appreciate what we have even more than we would if we got the instant gratification of getting what we want exactly when we want it. Enjoy that Jeep!
I will. Here is a better photo of it cleaned up.

image-3557389636.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. I have been working on the jeep since last May and one year later she looks like this. I kept her as close to stock as I could.

View attachment 2974249
Boy does that bring back some memmories. I had a 85 CJ7 just out of High School. Had her for about 4 years then a tree fell on her one fall in my driveway. Ouch! It was in similar condition to yours but with a set of 36" tires and 7 inches of lift. Then the whole family thing happened and life got expensive for awhile. Now at 40 I finally picked up another Jeep again. This time a JK. I'd love to have my CJ back but to be honest as I aged I realized I like things like power windows, AC, a little softer suspension and a little more room. Either way I loved my CJ and glad to finally be back in a jeep all these years later.

Nice Jeep!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again, I am aging as well and I agree I also like comfort features, that's why I also have 2013 JK unlimited rubicon 10A edition. It's in my blood. 😎

1 - 14 of 14 Posts