Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I'm putting an amp and sub in the trunk. I'm mounting the amp on the bottom left side. I'm afraid to drill down because it seems like the gas tank is directly below where it is. is this safe to drill?

·
Registered
379 Posts
i drilled it before.. just make sure when it breaks through, it don't go down to far or it will hit the gas tank.. it is about 2-3 inches under the tub.. be careful and take your time.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Lowering the tank is very easy. Put a floor jack under with a piece of wood and loosen the bolts ar the rear an let it down some.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Put the drill bit inside of nuts so when it breaks thru it can only go through a half inch. That's what I did when I mounted both my amps and had no problems. Remember just barely got thru use as many nuts as needed and go slow little patience will pay off.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here is an idea that I did when mounting my amp. Use 1/4" spacers between the amp and the floor with the screws passing through them. This prevents the amp from sitting on the floor and will help prevent damage if you ever get water inside. Just don't flood it. ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Abnmarine said:
Here is an idea that I did when mounting my amp. Use 1/4" spacers between the amp and the floor with the screws passing through them. This prevents the amp from sitting on the floor and will help prevent damage if you ever get water inside. Just don't flood it. ;)
This is actually a great idea! Mine are just placed there, no protection...

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Abnmarine said:
Also helps the amp cool a lot better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts