Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 JKUS that's about 15 months old and has 11,700 miles on it. It is bone stock mechanically and has been trouble free. Last week the ETC light came on for a second and the throttle had no effect on the engine. This happened as I was turning into a parking lot and it corrected itself almost instantly. It ran fine the rest of the day. Not knowing if or when this would ever happen again I took it to the dealer. They said there were several computer updates due and they would see if any codes were stored also. They called me the next day and said they updated the WCM, PCM, TCM and auto HVAC computer. When I picked it up I noticed immediately that the throttle felt different. Prior to this the throttle was lazy and the engine seemed to have a flat spot around 1500 RPM. Now it is much more responsive. The best thing that has come of this however is the automatic transmission shifting. It has 3.21 axles and it always seemed to be in one gear too high. It shifted up too soon and at too low an RPM especially on hills. I live in a hilly area and it was so bad I just shifted it manually much of the time. I even considered regearing. Not any more. Now I can put it in auto and just leave it there. It shifts at a hugher RPM and holds the gear longer. The best anology I can give is like it's been switched from an economy shift mode to a performance mode. It is literally like driving a different vehicle. I've seen the shift point complaints with the 3.21 axles on here before so I thought I would pass this along....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts