Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing the first work on my 93 today. I've just about finished replacing most components on the cooling system and while I was at it, I wanted to change the Drive Belt.
I can't get the current belt loose. (The alternator isn't adjustable/what puts tension on it.)

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You have to look for the hidden bolts. On mine I have two adjuster bolts to take loose pluse the long mount bolt. So look at all the bolts top and nbottom it is in there somewhere. You don't get a lot of throw but it is there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little more clarification on my behalf.
It's a 2.5 without AC.
It looks like my adjustment is done with the power steering pump pulley. I tried adjusting it there, but I'm not getting results.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
It is like that on all the YJs seems to be at least one hidden bolt had me going batty on the PS pump a couple of years ago. So we all learn by doing. Have a great day!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad, too! Thanks for the replies :)
Another question. Prior to changing the belt, I could easily spin the idler pulley and there was barely any friction. Now that I've changed the belt, there's more tension on the idler pulley, but I can still spin it easier than I would think. Is this normal? Should I buy a new idler pulley?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.