Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 inch lift in my 04 wrangler. Im not sure if i have any drive line vibes, i might but i am not sure, what do do they feel like. I might just be feeling the jeep shifting through the gears? Is it even neccecary to drop the T/C?

thanks rb

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
driveline vibes are speed dependent. usually the faster you go, the worse they get. typically start about 40mph or so, but can also be felt under hard acceleration from a stop. you feel the vibes in your butt, sometimes they are audible as well, but usually just vibes through the seat.

This might help explain things:
What is a CV shaft and why do I want one? - JeepForum.com

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also did a 2" lift. I dropped my transfer case by installing longer grade 8 bolts with their own washers as well as 5 galvanized washers between the TC and the frame rails at each bolt. I also used a little blue Loctite (medium strength) on the bolt threads. No vibes at any speed, no problems. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
7,496 Posts
All jeeps are different I didn't have an vibes when I was at 2.5 but when I went up to 3.5 you could feel vibes when accelerating. I knew I had vibes because you could feel are very light shaking when accelerating.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would say if you're not sure, then you do not have a vibe.
What size a tire you run? Auto? Stock drive shaft?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im running 31 inch tires. Ive paid close attention to it over the past day or two, and the only time i feel slight vibes is going into 3rd gear, and no where else. I am starting to think that it is just the car and not vibes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts