Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a yj wrangler with leaf over axle swap, 4 inch lift springs and a 3 inch heavy duty shackle lift with 35's, so total of 10 inch lift.... i spit my rear drive shaft out, can i just get a stock one and put it in or a should i get one custom made?:confused::confused::confused::confused::surrender::surrender::doh::banghead::banghead::facepalm::facepalm:

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
What was in it originally didn't work so i would guess you need something made to order. Do have an SYE??? if so good news local driveline shop or one of the vendors here on the forum. If not I would do the SYE with as high as that thing sits because the stock slip yoke won't be staying home at all. Check your local area for a driveline shop ansd see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
What it sounds like you need is an anti wrap bar. Going spring over will give you axle wrap that you will not get from being spring under. A c-v axle will not fix that problem. Look at some of the write-ups from Ibuildembig. He has some of the best write ups I have seen

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
doesn't sound like to me that the amount of lift is the problem but the amount of up and down movement that lift has given you..it may just be more than a slip yokes length can handle..I jacked a 50 willys to hell and back one time and partly because it was so short,ended up putting limiting chains on it to keep it from binding the driveshaft

1 - 4 of 4 Posts