Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Jeep. Curious to know how they do in a drive thru Jeep wash?
Thanks,
Heath-

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Take off the antenna and if there is nothing else extra on the Jeep. Make sure it is not brushes and soft cloth or no touch for a soft top.

You will find out where it leaks from. Hahahahahaha!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,467 Posts
If you go through a touchless wash you do not have to remove anything. We take our hard top JK through the touchless wash all the time.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My CB and radio antennas are off (Don't need the radio antenna anyway) and my hard top JKUR goes through drive-through car washes just fine. No leaks, either.

·
Registered
836 Posts
never used a touchless wash before but i avoid the carwashes they will scratch ur vehicle up. the only time i ever go to one is when my jeep is muddy and i use the rinse wand. there soaps and wax are not good at all i just use plain water to wash the mud off. imo

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
never used a touchless wash before but i avoid the carwashes they will scratch ur vehicle up. the only time i ever go to one is when my jeep is muddy and i use the rinse wand. there soaps and wax are not good at all i just use plain water to wash the mud off. imo
The only reason I visit them with regularity, at least during this time of year, is to get the salt off. I don't mind it being dirty, I mind the salt attacking everything. :)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I have a touchless wash right by me and the only time I hit it is during the winter. I do what I can to keep the salt to a minimum. Other than that, I ALWAYS hand wash my JK. BTW, I have a hard top in the winter and my soft top all other times. Don't think I would want to run a soft top through the wash.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have a 2014 JKU with half doors, and I have been going through the "touch free" washes this winter, primarily because of the salt. Works pretty well. And no leaks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you go through a touchless wash you do not have to remove anything. We take our hard top JK through the touchless wash all the time.
^^^^^THIS^^^^
I don't trust rags twirling and slapping my Jeep with grit, pebbles, etc., or ripping things off.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I generally do touchless but I have run my JKU hardtop with a 13in antenna x and never had any problems. My old TJ soft top I only did touchless and it leaked every time around the tailgate. In the TJ there was nothing back there to get wet unlike the JK.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I have a touchless wash right by me and the only time I hit it is during the winter. I do what I can to keep the salt to a minimum. Other than that, I ALWAYS hand wash my JK. BTW, I have a hard top in the winter and my soft top all other times. Don't think I would want to run a soft top through the wash.
+1

I figure that the car wash does less damage than the 100lbs of salt coating my Jeep.

BTW, I remove the antenna, and fold both the side mirrors in.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I run through a touchless near my house...it really doesn't do the best job in the world buy I mostly do it just for the undercarriage wash to get all this salt off. Once spring rolls around and they clean the streets I'll start washing/waxing it myself in the driveway.

The touchless I go to uses fairly high pressure jets and I've not had a single leak yet with the hard top.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I take mine through a wash every now and again. You just have to watch for boulders and detriment after the flash floods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts