Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. So inspired by my recent fortune spent on all kinds of headers, I've figured out whats been causing them to keep cracking. After tearing it down for the third time, I inspected the motor mounts. The rubber is bulging out on the backside of them, which i believe is caused by the T-case drop kit put on by the previous owner (moron). So Not only am I going to be getting a set of new motor mounts, I will be needing to get rid of the drop kit. I know I'll need a SYE, but will I need a different drive shaft to go with it? I have a 4 inch suspension lift with a 4.0l backed by the AX-15 and np231 and dana 44 rear combo. Any information is welcome and greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
441 Posts
yes you will need a new shaft. google is your friend an sye is going to cost you around $5-600 not including labor ... I don't believe the angle of the engine is causing your headers to crack, the factory exaust hangers are rubber meaning they have a bit of "play"

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, however the angle of the motor opposed to the mounts at this stage in the game causes them to break motor mounts which will cause the header to crack. The angle alone won't do it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
what size tires do you have?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
You will also need at least adjustable upper rear control arms and an angled track bar bracket. Also with 4" lift you may want to consider using a super short SYE. I would recommend this if you even think you may do a tummy tuck in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts