Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a bunch. I guess I need to see which cap diameter I have tho. Then I'll look I to getting some. But, in the meantime I'll go ahead and check my drag links and front end components to make sure there's no loose components. I just replaced my front trackbar. I get some wobble on bumps but not quite to the death part. (I had death wobble before which is why I changed my track bar, the boot was tore and had a lot of play).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nope the 1310 is for the the front driveshaft and the front of the rear driveshaft if you run a dana 35. If its a dana 44 rear it's 1310 all around.

·
Registered
222 Posts
There's a list on the website telling which you need. 5-760 is in the front axle and 5-153/5-1310 is driveshafts. I believe the 5-1330 is for a dana 35 yoke but I'm not 100% about that.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,391 Posts
Your vibrations are very likely from too steep of a rear drive shaft angle caused by the suspension lift. That causes the u-joints to start vibrating. A tcase drop or mml is what you need. Don't drive it long with those vibes which will start taking out things like u-joints or bearings. I would at least immediately drop the tcase skidplate a half-inch or so with spacers to stop the vibes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On a 2.5" lift? I would have never expected to drop the tcase or put in a MML for that, only if I lifted it higher...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any things I can use as spacers on that tcase drop? I have a TSC right near me... I'll get under the jeep today and check my joints, and if it is them, I'll replace and see if I still have the vibs. If I don't I'm good but if I do I can prob drop that tcase plate immediately to follow.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,391 Posts
Yes, for sure there are nearly always vibrations with a 2.5" lift where the SWB TJ is concerned. Vibes can start with only a 2" lift.

You can stack washers around each of the six tcase skid plate bolts but you'll also need longer bolts if your TJ is new enough to use the smaller shorter metric bolts. They need to rated at least 10.9 if metric or Grade 5 if the older bigger SAE bolts.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts