Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2017 unlimited JK and found the driver door to be in a bind. Can't find the issue with a once look over. Anyone else have/had this problem? Thoughts on correcting it? Plan to take it back to the dealer but that's 100 miles away.

Btw noobie to the site! Great website!

:pullinghair:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just got a 2017 unlimited JK and found the driver door to be in a bind. Can't find the issue with a once look over. Anyone else have/had this problem? Thoughts on correcting it? Plan to take it back to the dealer but that's 100 miles away.

Btw noobie to the site! Great website!

:pullinghair:

You can take it to any dealer, not just your purchase site. Any dodge/Chrysler dealer can help you. Welcome to be site. I'm new to Jeeps as well. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best way to describe it is when you push the handle/button to open the door the door "pops" open. And when you push it to close you have to slam it. I don't think it's the locking mechanism or latch as it's lined up. If you gently push all the other doors on the vehicle it will catch on the latch. But when you do the same for the driver door it bounces back prior to hitting the latch.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Mines the same way (2015).

Make sure the weatherstripping is properly installed/seated around the door, and see that it closes flush to the body.

·
Registered
100 Posts
if you take it to the dealer they will tell you that they are all that way and it has to brake in. I have a 2016 and the passenger door is fine, but the driver door is still very stiff. if you open the windows a little bit, it should work fine. they put very tight seals in these things so that they don't leak.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The door striker can be adjusted in and out too not just up and down.

After the door is closed check the outside of the door if it seems to line up correctly with the A and B pillars and same with the top and bottom of the door.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The doors on all new JK/JKU Jeeps are noted for requiring a firm closing in order to close all the way. My 2015 Sahara was that way for a long while and my new Chief is that way.

I had not noted the door swinging open when the latch was released because I was probably pulling slightly as I pressed the knob. I just went out to the Chief and pressed the button without touching the handle. The driver's door swung open about 5", the passenger door (with the driver's door closed swung open about 3".

They will settle down in time as the rubber seals become compressed. As msaintg said, the tight seals help prevent leaks, which was a constant complaint of prior years. My Chief got a good test the other night as we had a real gully washer. Went out the next morning and the inside was dry as a bone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts