Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a full door if that makes a difference.

When I open the driver's side door, it immediately drops lower like the hinge is loose. I looked at the hinges and the top one has a lot of play inside of it. When the door is closed it isn't completely flush with the body panels as if the hinge is bent outward. It's also harder to close since it slams into the bottom of the door frame of the car and has chipped the paint in that specific spot completely. How do I get the door flush and not hanging?

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
You might try to add a nylon washer to each of the door pins to raise the door up. But something sounds like its worn or bent.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
You have a couple of choices, just go with replacement hinges or if the old hinges are reasonably true the bushings and pins can be replaced.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Probably the bushings. Magnatude Engineering and Black Magic Brakes have good replacements

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
It was an incident PO had. It was like that when I bought it. So the question, then, is how to fix it? Could I hit it with a hammer?
You could try but the chances of getting it back to factory would be highly unlikely. I would look here on the forum in the part out section and see if you can pick up what you need rather cheap. Maybe even check daveysjeep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.