Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't noticed it until I was cleaning my jeeps interior. All the other doors open from the inside fairly smoothly except the drivers door which takes more pull and pops really loud everything, also it takes considerable more effort to close (have to really slam it), other doors close shut without slam.

Is this something I can fix on my own or will I have to take it to the damn dealership?

Thanks

I searched other threads but they mention the hardtop causing pressure. Mine happens with the windows down.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I hadn't noticed it until I was cleaning my jeeps interior. All the other doors open from the inside fairly smoothly except the drivers door which takes more pull and pops really loud everything, also it takes considerable more effort to close (have to really slam it), other doors close shut without slam.

Is this something I can fix on my own or will I have to take it to the damn dealership?

Thanks

I searched other threads but they mention the hardtop causing pressure. Mine happens with the windows down.
Have you tried cleaning and lubricating inside the hinges?

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I hadn't noticed it until I was cleaning my jeeps interior. All the other doors open from the inside fairly smoothly except the drivers door which takes more pull and pops really loud everything, also it takes considerable more effort to close (have to really slam it), other doors close shut without slam. Is this something I can fix on my own or will I have to take it to the damn dealership? Thanks I searched other threads but they mention the hardtop causing pressure. Mine happens with the windows down.
Have you had an issues with leaks in the past? Know someone that had the door adjusted at the dealer due to leaks and it now closes and opens a little harder but doesn't leak anymore.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I have had 3 JKU and all of the doors have been hard to close and make a pop when opened. I'm surprised three of your four don't lol.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried cleaning and lubricating inside the hinges?
No I haven't. It's a 4 week old vehicle and didn't think it would need this kind of treatment so soon.
It doesn't seem to be happening at the hinges, but the pop is coming from the door handles.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you had an issues with leaks in the past? Know someone that had the door adjusted at the dealer due to leaks and it now closes and opens a little harder but doesn't leak anymore.
Well I've done 1 river crossing and water did enter the driver side only (checked carpets after, was worried it was but just a trickle).

I guess I will take it to the dealer and wait 6 hours in the lobby haha.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Check your door adjustment.
The door should sit slightly over flush to the B post/quarter panel. If your door is under flush to the B post/quarter, it's to tight. you can loosen the striker and move it slightly outboard. This will relieve some of the pressure on the door and clear up the "pop off"

If you leave it alone, it will loosen up in time as the doors weather seal breaks in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check your door adjustment.
The door should sit slightly over flush to the B post/quarter panel. If your door is under flush to the B post/quarter, it's to tight. you can loosen the striker and move it slightly outboard. This will relieve some of the pressure on the door and clear up the "pop off"

If you leave it alone, it will loosen up in time as the doors weather seal breaks in.

Thank you. I have a feeling the door might be higher than the other doors, which explained the water seeping in just for the driver.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thank you. I have a feeling the door might be higher than the other doors, which explained the water seeping in just for the driver.
That could do it.

Many times the end of the header seal is the culprit for a door leaks. It's not usual for a tech to assume the door seal is bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts