Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at several threads but no one seemed to have a repair that worked.

So will reask .. has anyone found a cure for the wind noise or know of a TSB for the 15 JKU driver door wind noise..
My 12 had this but got traded for the 15 before I had to worry about it.

Yes it is still under warranty but I like to go in with some knowledge so I can tell the BS from the facts..

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
You can hear door wind noise with all the other noises in the Jeep? ;-)

·
Registered
653 Posts
I had some driver side/door wind noise... Turns out my Freedom panel wasn't properly sitting flush (part of the rubber fitment was creased during the install.).

Took it off, adjusted... And no more issue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had door noise at around the knee level on my 15' and found it was just the weatherstripping on the front of the door not in its track.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You mean a Wrangler has wind noise! Sorry, but if you want quiet buy a Lexus. IMFAO, you will never have quiet in a Wrangler. However, if it really bothers you, ask the dealer. I'm sure others have gone to him with the same situation and he had an answer.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You mean a Wrangler has wind noise! Sorry, but if you want quiet buy a Lexus. IMFAO, you will never have quiet in a Wrangler. However, if it really bothers you, ask the dealer. I'm sure others have gone to him with the same situation and he had an answer.
there is normal wind noise and wind noise that is not supposed to be for a new wrangler..

but then there always has to be one dumb ass in a thread where he has no useful information just proof that you don't know shit.. now you can go and find another thread to be a waste on..

thanks for the info from the others..it turns out that a seal was not seated properly and fixed the issue.. thank you again..

·
Registered
173 Posts
there is normal wind noise and wind noise that is not supposed to be for a new wrangler..

but then there always has to be one dumb ass in a thread where he has no useful information just proof that you don't know shit.. now you can go and find another thread to be a waste on..

thanks for the info from the others..it turns out that a seal was not seated properly and fixed the issue.. thank you again..
I don't see why you are so angry. I've had jeeps for 20 years or so and there is/was wind noise in all of them. I have no idea what your noise is like. I did say go to the dealer and apparently you did. Sorry, if you took it the wrong way.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I will agree with dynojoe on this one: on a new jeep that is still under warranty, it has been my experience that I wanted the dealer to make any necessary changes or adjustments on fitment issues. My original Sahara Unlimited leaked and after 6 tries at fixing it, they bought it back from me. If you tried to fix this yourself and caused a leak, they wouldn't want to fix it under warranty. So that was good advice. Get it working well. After the warranty is up, then you can have at it as I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts