Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a squeak in their front seat? Sounds like a support spring creaking or something similar.

Any ideas on how I can fix it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Engineering is currently working on a TSB for the seat squeak issue (2012 models, driver's seat). Expected release date is last week of August.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Metonymy said:
Anyone else have a squeak in their front seat? Sounds like a support spring creaking or something similar.

Any ideas on how I can fix it?
I had it - took it back to the dealer and they took care of it. Work order just said it needed lubrication - it has never come back.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine only squeaked in the lowest height setting, just a little bit higher and no squeak.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Lol...even the annoying driver seat squeak is common huh....I thought I was the only one with this issue. Cyalume is correct though, raise the seat one notch and the squeak goes away.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Engineering is currently working on a TSB for the seat squeak issue (2012 models, driver's seat). Expected release date is last week of August.

May I ask how you know this? Not doubting, only hoping because I have this issue and am TIRED of hearing that "we cannot duplicate". It's either this TSB or me driving through the service department area at 60mph.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hoping this tsb comes out by tomorrow.....I am taking the Heep in for some work and the seat is part of it. Do tsb's come out on a certain day of the week? :hide:

·
Registered
210 Posts
and I thought it was just my big butt that caused this.... good to know!

·
Registered
399 Posts
and I thought it was just my big butt that caused this.... good to know!
If you want the seat fixed, or anything else for that matter, DO NOT go to O'Brien Greenwood. Absolute worst service department I have ever been to. They can't find dick,
unless of course it's a non warranty repair I'm sure.

·
Registered
861 Posts
wow...i just stumbled on this one. my driver seat has been annoying the hell outta me for the past week. started squeeking outta nowhere. how did u find out there is a tsb that will soon be issued?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Mine started a week after I bought it back in October last year. Really doesn't bother me all that much but will get it fixed if they are offering.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My driver side started squeeking first week of ownership... Not a lot first, but now almost every bump... You just have to push with your hands on the seat and it squeeks... Been following this thread like a hawk to see when this TSB is released, since from what I've read just lubricating the springs doesnt fix it

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the squeak too... A poster in another thread stated to move the drivers seat all the way forward, and then push the the back of the seat forward, like you would if you were letting someone in the back seat. I tried this, and it worked for me, no more squeak. Can't explain it, but it worked for me. Raising the height bar did not work. I'm looking forward to what that TSB says also...

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Are you guys talking about a squeak while driving, or when getting in or out? Our squeaks when I get out and I just figured it was because I am beyond the intended design load of the seat. Never heard it squeak while driving.

·
Registered
861 Posts
oilwell: mine squeeks both while driving and upon entering/exiting. tiny little bumps or entering a driveway will cause the squeek....it just started recently and i have around 6600 miles

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I guess I'll put this on the list of things to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Any news on this? My 2013 is developing a squeak too...

·
Registered
371 Posts
May I ask how you know this? Not doubting, only hoping because I have this issue and am TIRED of hearing that "we cannot duplicate". It's either this TSB or me driving through the service department area at 60mph.
See below :)

Any news on this? My 2013 is developing a squeak too...
See below :)

See attachment :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 87 Posts