Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Anyone else have a squeak in their front seat? Sounds like a support spring creaking or something similar.

Any ideas on how I can fix it?
My driver-seat squeaks, too...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Interesting. The bulletin says it's only for those made Jan 2012 or earlier. Mine was built in May of 2012 and 100% has this issue.

Guess it's worth taking to the dealer to find out anyway.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Interesting. The bulletin says it's only for those made Jan 2012 or earlier. Mine was built in May of 2012 and 100% has this issue.

Guess it's worth taking to the dealer to find out anyway.
There is a second TSB just issued today that addresses driver seat squeaks on 2012 2-dr models built from May 1 to May 7, 2012. See attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I asked the dealer about it when I went in for an oil change. The service guy had no idea about it, so I showed him and he referenced the TSB. And then proceeded to say mine wasn't covered by date. Bollocks.

So I went to the local craft store, got some "flock tape" (which is just felt with sticky stuff on the back... akin to a band-aid), and did it my damn self.

$2 for a 10x12 square of it and about 30 seconds time to do it. No more squeak.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 2012 2 door sport also has a very squeaky seat, dealer confirmed there is a bulletin issued and is ordering part to fix. Should be done this week, I hope it works because it is very annoying.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine has the squeak and has been driving me crazy! Was considering starting a thread about this!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got mine repaired today have not driven it much. But the short distance i did it was a 100% better, mine was built in may. I am guessing close to this timeframe service advisor mentioned the newest sb in case this did not fix the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
February 2012 build date, got the TSB done today and it still squeaks. It's going back next week for further inspection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ghetto subscribed.

I have a 2012 Built in June, I installed the flock tape as described in the TSB, the squeak went away, however now it's back. I'm guessing i'll probably have to take it in at this point.

·
Registered
347 Posts
2013 JKUR here.
My seat squeaks too.
Interesting enough, it started squeaking only after I went to my mechanic to drill extra hole to the slider so I could fit in.
I am 6'6" and that additional 1.5 inch meant a lot to me and my legs.
If anyone of you know what is it that needs to be lubricated, please let us know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After trip 2 to the dealer my service advisor ordered a part for the seat frame as he believes its coming from there. I will update once that's installed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine has the squeak bad and it is a deep sounding noise/squeak coming from the passenger seat when someone is seated over there?????

·
Registered
296 Posts
mines in the shop now with the seat squeak.. of course the damn thing doesnt make a noise for the advisors... so i have to go thru the humiliation of a road trip and show them the noise.. AKA they wanna see a big girl shimmy and shake in the seat

·
Registered
102 Posts
Another glad I looked thread. I have had this issue for awhile. Drove me nuts until I figured out that if I had the seat up off the lowest setting it went away.

Will have to do this when I go in to get the heater fixed...
Or to get my media 130 clock checked out for losing time...

·
Registered
312 Posts
mine is doing the same! built in November or Early December build. does that apply for the fix??

21 - 40 of 87 Posts