Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my 2013 in Sept and have had it into the shop twice for the squeaky seat (drivers side) I know the TSB is for 11/12 models but apparently the 13 has the same issue. Think I will try buying the felt tape myself and fixing it, since they (shop) told me they duplicated the sound on some of the vehicles sitting on the lot and that the sound just goes with it being a jeep.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Man you gotta love that line. If my dealer ever uses that s*** on me then he is getting an ear full. Freakin' copout.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Took mine in for a free oil change this past week. I mentioned the squeaky seat and they fixed it for me! Yay!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Taking mine in tomorrow for the seat again. It's a 2012 JKU. They replaced the seat frame and it went away for a little bit before starting again. Just 6K miles on the thing right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Apparently there are two TSB's on this issue depending on the mfg date. The first one is for those manufactured prior to January 18th. The second is for those manufactured between May 1st and May 7th. The second TSB simply calls for the application of "Nye Grease". I just got back from the dealer for the application of Nye grease... it squeaks worse now... God I hate these dealers... I call back and need to re-schedule? WTF!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Apparently there are two TSB's on this issue depending on the mfg date. The first one is for those manufactured prior to January 18th. The second is for those manufactured between May 1st and May 7th. The second TSB simply calls for the application of "Nye Grease". I just got back from the dealer for the application of Nye grease... it squeaks worse now... God I hate these dealers... I call back and need to re-schedule? WTF!
They did that yesterday to mine. Did not fix.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dealer said, "Well we completed the TSB as per stated"... ??? Then says, if it still squeaks drive around for a few days and see if it gets better??? Actually the TSB says to test it... if still squeaking to continue to research... I'll bring the TSB with me and educate my service writer... Never had these problems with my Tacoma and the toyota dealer... just sayin'
TSB # 23-031-12

·
Registered
462 Posts
my 2012 used to squeak until I reached under the seat and sprayed a good amount of WD40 to the springs supporting the actual seat yellow pad.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mines back in there on its 5th visit with the squeeky seat.. They have added the tape, they have done the NYE Lube... The tech rode with me today so he could Hear it since he couldnt hear it before... and he verified that it is in fact squeeking.. DUH...
So they are going to order up a new seat base and hope that fixes it...

Love my Jeep... Hate how many times its been in the shop with only 7800 miles on it.. My Trusty Xterra didnt have a service visit until 1050000 and that was for the Timing Belt Change... not sure the Jeep will even last that long.. Oye!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Mine too.

I attributed it to my fat ass weighing in at 245+. Now it even squeaks when I shift gears and hit the gas, and I've actually grown to not dislike it!
I dropped from 240 to 216 in the last month. I haven't heard the seat squeak in a while. :D

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
my dealer just opened a claim with chrysler. i guess they're ordering a seat base. i wonder how much profit chrylser makes on these wranglers once you factor in all the warranty costs.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
my dealer just opened a claim with chrysler. i guess they're ordering a seat base. i wonder how much profit chrylser makes on these wranglers once you factor in all the warranty costs.
Mine was replaced once already. Didn't work.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Replaced my seat base. No more squeak.... for now. Thought you guys would find some humor in this.

Yup, they bolted my slush mat to the floor. Not sure how you manage that without noticing. Took a 2 foot breaker bar to get that bolt off.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My squeaked last night. I'm going to bring it up when I take it in for an oil change next weekend. That, and mentioned that last time they looked at it it was still squeaking when I left the lot after the second time they "fixed" it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Ive got a 2013 jk built in march 2013. Just noticed the squeak out of nowhere. Happens when i brake coming to a stop, when i take off and on turns. It seems like its coming from the left rail somewhere. If i push on the front cushion and back slightly on the back seat you can hear it. If im sitting in the seat and bend forward and slowly lean back its very noticeable. Jeep has 3000 miles.

Ive owned two jeeps prior to this, 01 sport and a 04 rubicon never had problems with either of the two.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I know it seems anal to complain, but its extremely annoying. Ive driven beaters with 140,000 miles that had squeaks less than this. You dont expect a three month old jeep to have these issues. Ill swing by the dealership tomorrow. No appt, just show up and go grab my salesman.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts