Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know it seems anal to complain, but its extremely annoying. Ive driven beaters with 140,000 miles that had squeaks less than this. You dont expect a three month old jeep to have these issues. Ill swing by the dealership tomorrow. No appt, just show up and go grab my salesman.
I no exactly what you mean. My wife's beat up 10 year old corrolla with over 112k on it doesn't make a sound. My 2012 started the seat squeak after three months. After two trips to the dealer it's still doing it. And, the passenger side A-pillar has the most annoying pop/clicking sound coming from it when I hit bumps. It's been a month and I still can't figure out where its coming from.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ive got a 2013 jk built in march 2013. Just noticed the squeak out of nowhere. Happens when i brake coming to a stop, when i take off and on turns. It seems like its coming from the left rail somewhere. If i push on the front cushion and back slightly on the back seat you can hear it. If im sitting in the seat and bend forward and slowly lean back its very noticeable. Jeep has 3000 miles.

Ive owned two jeeps prior to this, 01 sport and a 04 rubicon never had problems with either of the two.
i am experiencing the same problem. its extremely annoying!! :banghead::banghead: i sprayed garage lube everywhere, placed felt at the suggested location and nothing worked. i may go in and suggest they replace the entire seat support. this is unacceptable (5800 miles...)

·
Registered
536 Posts
i am experiencing the same problem. its extremely annoying!! :banghead::banghead: i sprayed garage lube everywhere, placed felt at the suggested location and nothing worked. i may go in and suggest they replace the entire seat support. this is unacceptable (5800 miles...)
When you tell the service adviser about the issue, make them pull the list of TSBs and make sure they find the one about the seat. I took it in 3 times and all they did was wd40 and retightened the bolts, until i made them pull the TSB

·
Registered
352 Posts
Same issue 2013 JK Unlimited built 05/2013. I thought it was the dash until I wiggled in the seat a bit after reading this post. Same thing - sit in the Jeep and makes noise; turn sharply, makes noise; brake or accelerate, makes noise; uneven pavement makes noise - all from the same place on the driver's side. I thought it was maybe the dash, but the seat makes sense now that I've read a bit more. I'm going to try try raising the seat height to see if it stops. I really don't want to bother my wife to take me to the dealership for a 3rd time in 6 weeks - this Jeep only has 650 miles on it. My 2009 JK Unlimited had exactly zero problems in 4.5 years.

·
Registered
352 Posts
UPDATE: I jacked up my driver's seat one notch. The squeak is gone. I'm not going to mess with the dealership on this one. The effort -vs- reward payoff isn't there for me to take it in over this one issue. I'll wait for something else to inevitable get a TSB issued that I need addressed.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
They ended up ordering an entire new seat base. I jacked my chair up, down slid it forward back everything. Nothing changed. Had to show the service guy what the problem was because during the test drive he couldn't notice it. After I showed him he said " Thats annoying as hell " . Hope the base works or I am going to request a new seat.

btw.... I am no where near obese

·
Registered
556 Posts
They ended up ordering an entire new seat base. I jacked my chair up, down slid it forward back everything. Nothing changed. Had to show the service guy what the problem was because during the test drive he couldn't notice it. After I showed him he said " Thats annoying as hell " . Hope the base works or I am going to request a new seat.

btw.... I am no where near obese
do you happen to know the part number for the seat base? id like to see if that part is in stock so that i can eliminate an extra trip...we all know how that can go :banghead:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up my jeep last week and I noticed it on Fri. Took it in on Sat and they lubed it. It went away but now it's back! 990 miles. C'mon jeep my Honda never squeaked once and I traded it in with 110k��. I hope this isn't the start to more problems. This is my first domestic car. I hope I didn't make the wrong decision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got a 2014 4 door Sahara and after a month and a half my driver's side seat started squeaking. I am so glad I found this thread because like someone else posted, I am a "big girl" and I know what they will think when I take it in! I also read here about adjusting the height up from the lowest and tried and so far that worked. I had a 2007 2 door wrangler and it squeaked but a bit differently. I took it in and they "lubricated it" it seem to work. I took my survey today and noticed that it actually lists "squeaky seat" in the survey! You would think they would have worked it out by now?

·
Registered
352 Posts
UPDATE: I jacked up my driver's seat one notch. The squeak is gone. I'm not going to mess with the dealership on this one. The effort -vs- reward payoff isn't there for me to take it in over this one issue. I'll wait for something else to inevitable get a TSB issued that I need addressed.
UPDATE: took mine in to the dealer since I had a punch list of things to get fixed (below). The fix of jacking up the seat one or two notches worked, but the seat would work itself back down and start squeaking again after even short 15 mile drives. The dealership ordered a new seat base/frame/whatever. It came in a week later and they replaced my seat - no more squeak... so far.

-They also replaced the weather seal around my back hardtop window - leaked when I ran the wiper during a good rain
-Replaced my IP and PW switches as they were sticking out/bowed in the center console and didn't seem to be attached to anything.
-Replaced the arm that holds the rear tailgate open as it made a metallic scraping and the clunking sound when opened - think someone's kid must have been hanging off this tailgate while it was open on the dealer lot.
-All repairs completed and the vehicle seems good now. Just need them to get back to me on filling the holes in my weld seam where the rear of the Jeep attaches to the rear 1/4 panel by the gas hole. ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
My honest opinion is that even if it's a hassle to take it in, even if it's something you can live with or fix yourself, TAKE IT IN! If it's a half decent dealership and you keep dealing with the same person, and say you have to take it in a bunch of times like i had to until they got it right, then they will look at you with different eyes if you have other more serious issues.

I took the seat in 3 times, and the e-brake (keeps getting loose) like 5-6 times, but when i had an issue with the throw out bearing they fit me in right away even though they were telling people it would be a one week wait for appointments (this was mid summer this year). So yeah, it sucks a lot to take your rig in, but it gives you a chance to see if your dealer actually gives a damn about you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
UPDATE: took mine in to the dealer since I had a punch list of things to get fixed (below). The fix of jacking up the seat one or two notches worked, but the seat would work itself back down and start squeaking again after even short 15 mile drives. The dealership ordered a new seat base/frame/whatever. It came in a week later and they replaced my seat - no more squeak... so far.

-They also replaced the weather seal around my back hardtop window - leaked when I ran the wiper during a good rain
-Replaced my IP and PW switches as they were sticking out/bowed in the center console and didn't seem to be attached to anything.
-Replaced the arm that holds the rear tailgate open as it made a metallic scraping and the clunking sound when opened - think someone's kid must have been hanging off this tailgate while it was open on the dealer lot.
-All repairs completed and the vehicle seems good now. Just need them to get back to me on filling the holes in my weld seam where the rear of the Jeep attaches to the rear 1/4 panel by the gas hole. ;)
Well just like JK-linux said, after a day or so the seat worked its way back down and started the squeaking again, I guess its a trip to the dealer and dare them to say it is my size :) I will bring my tablet with the forum and show them it "is not" my size!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just took my 2013 Jk in about 2 weeks ago to have this fixed. I had to wait 4 weeks for a new seat base to come in. So far no more squeaking.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

My rear tailgate started doing the clunk sound when I get about 3\4 open. It actually pops from the curved arm. I'm adding it to my list of fixes including the leaking front diff and auto tranny issues this tuesday. So far I have had the jeep 6 months and it's been in the shop 4 times. If they don't give me a rental, I might be persuaded to do some car shopping while they make me wait.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2013 Squeaky JK

My 2013 JK has the ubiquitous squeaky seat that many have reported here. It has been back to the dealer three times so far. I am going back in two days for the forth try to have this problem resolved. The dealer has been very cooperative, but I do not think that Jeep and Chrysler do a good job of sharing this type of information. It is obvious that there is an issue with the height adjusting/ seat base that causes this problem. Jeep/Chrysler will not fix this problem until consumers get their attention through the warranty system. Do not hesitate going back to the dealer for warranty service. This is the only way to get problems like this resolved.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My rear tailgate started doing the clunk sound when I get about 3\4 open. It actually pops from the curved arm. I'm adding it to my list of fixes including the leaking front diff and auto tranny issues this tuesday. So far I have had the jeep 6 months and it's been in the shop 4 times. If they don't give me a rental, I might be persuaded to do some car shopping while they make me wait.
Sorry to say it, but you buying another vehicle isnt going to hurt the dealer. The jeep is bought now, they made the sale. Even if you sell it, the new owner will still need service and will likely go to one of the dealers, maybe even the same one. Free oil change or rental would be way more beneficial for you to ask for imo

·
Registered
536 Posts
My 2013 JK has the ubiquitous squeaky seat that many have reported here. It has been back to the dealer three times so far. I am going back in two days for the forth try to have this problem resolved. The dealer has been very cooperative, but I do not think that Jeep and Chrysler do a good job of sharing this type of information. It is obvious that there is an issue with the height adjusting/ seat base that causes this problem. Jeep/Chrysler will not fix this problem until consumers get their attention through the warranty system. Do not hesitate going back to the dealer for warranty service. This is the only way to get problems like this resolved.
All you and the other lady need to do is to make sure you ask your advisor to pull up the list of TSBs for your model year! They will find it i think under the BODY category, and once they have it they will fix it properly. Like i said before, my dealer had no idea about this, and all they did the first couple times for me was just to lube the seat base. If you go in showing them forum pages, their first reply will be that oh well, lots of people blow things out of proportion online,or some other garbage like that and just dismiss what you're saying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All you and the other lady need to do is to make sure you ask your advisor to pull up the list of TSBs for your model year! They will find it i think under the BODY category, and once they have it they will fix it properly. Like i said before, my dealer had no idea about this, and all they did the first couple times for me was just to lube the seat base. If you go in showing them forum pages, their first reply will be that oh well, lots of people blow things out of proportion online,or some other garbage like that and just dismiss what you're saying.
That makes sense! thank you for the information and suggestions!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sorry to say it, but you buying another vehicle isnt going to hurt the dealer. The jeep is bought now, they made the sale. Even if you sell it, the new owner will still need service and will likely go to one of the dealers, maybe even the same one. Free oil change or rental would be way more beneficial for you to ask for imo
My comment was more for me than to hurt the dealer. I realize they got their money.

·
Registered
667 Posts
does anyone have info on any other tsb for this. i tried the ones on the first page they didnt work

61 - 80 of 87 Posts