Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
22,830 Posts
Just took my 2013 in for a squeaking driver seat. They said it wasnt seated properly in the track. They fixed it no charge in under a half hour and the squeak is gone, thankfully. It was driving me crazy.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just wanted to update this thread I followed the two TSBs in this thread and it fixed my seat. I dont like going to the dealer so if your like me try the TSBs first before taking it in

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to update this thread I followed the two TSBs in this thread and it fixed my seat. I dont like going to the dealer so if your like me try the TSBs first before taking it in
I am new to the forum world and am having the problem with the squeaky seat in my new 2014 Jeep Sahara. I really hate taking to the dealer but I will if I need to. Could you explain TSB and how I would find them so maybe I could take care of this instead of taking it in? Thank you!

·
Registered
22,830 Posts
I am new to the forum world and am having the problem with the squeaky seat in my new 2014 Jeep Sahara. I really hate taking to the dealer but I will if I need to. Could you explain TSB and how I would find them so maybe I could take care of this instead of taking it in? Thank you!
Just a thought on this....Im all for fixing stuff yourself, but in the case of something thats warrantied, if you try to fix it and screw it up worse, (not saying you would, but it seems to be the story of my life lol), they might NOT warranty it if you end up taking it in afterall. Like I said, they fixed mine no questions in about a half hour.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a thought on this....Im all for fixing stuff yourself, but in the case of something thats warrantied, if you try to fix it and screw it up worse, (not saying you would, but it seems to be the story of my life lol), they might NOT warranty it if you end up taking it in afterall. Like I said, they fixed mine no questions in about a half hour.
You do have a point, that would be my luck! I guess its time to call for an appt! Thanks so much at least I know it wasn't some I did!! :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Does anyone know what an alternative is to Nye Grease p/n 05019059AA
$50 from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Lower seat to lowest setting then raise up one to two pushes on the handle. If not successful, grease tracks under seat.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts