Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pneumatic, manually pumped driver's side seat lifter in my 2010 rubicon doesn't hold long. I have to 'pump up' every day of so. Anyone know of a fix kit, replacement, OR upgrade?

·
Registered
387 Posts
The pneumatic, manually pumped driver's side seat lifter in my 2010 rubicon doesn't hold long. I have to 'pump up' every day of so.
There's no pneumatics involved, at least in 2010. Every time this was brought up before, the root cause turned out to be that the user put weight of his butt onto the handle when entering/exiting the jeep. This "gradual" settling thus usually happens to shorter drivers, although not exclusively. Of course you could be the first who got it to settle by itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no pneumatics involved, at least in 2010. Every time this was brought up before, the root cause turned out to be that the user put weight of his butt onto the handle when entering/exiting the jeep. This "gradual" settling thus usually happens to shorter drivers, although not exclusively. Of course you could be the first who got it to settle by itself.
Thanks for the feedback. Actually I was mistaken. I have a 2011. That is a very interesting cause. Sounds like a bit of a design issue. I will take a look this weekend.

Thanks Again!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Actually I was mistaken. I have a 2011. That is a very interesting cause. Sounds like a bit of a design issue. I will take a look this weekend.
The 2011 was the first year of the "new" interior. Its most known feature is the gated shifter instead of the shift-lock, but it differs all round. I don't know the details, but I know for sure that seat rails are different. In particular the Mitsch Big Boy rails from 2007-2010 will not fit on 2011 upwards and Mitsch sells little extenders instead for those. Please let us know what you found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts