Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I just traded in my 2012 JKU Sahara for my new 2014 JKU Rubicon. In my 2012, I had an annoying as hell knocking noise going over bumps in my drivers door area. I filled the drivers side b-pillar with spray foam hoping this would solve it. Nope, it didn't. The noise went away only when I removed the doors, so it had to be something with the door. This noise only came from the drivers door area though.
I traded that one in for my 2014 and figured I wouldn't be bothered with that noise again. Nope, it's back, and annoying as ever. Since this happened to both Jeeps, I'm assuming many others, if not all others, experience this.
Please give me a solution besides giving the wise ass reply of "just drive without your doors"

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
connector for the wiring harness for the left rear door (inside the pillar) isnt seated in it retaining bracket.

When you have the doors off...the harness hangs low and wont bang around inside the pillar.

The the doors are on (and wires connected) the connector rides in a "half-cocked) position and bangs around inside the pillar.

Just a hunch.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
There is a well known clunking sound associated with the door latch of Jeeps. There was a TSB in '08 and by reading some posts it still exists with the newer models. I attached a thread that discusses the cause & fix of the sound. Not sure if this your problem but it is an easy fix if it is. Hope it helps.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/clunk-in-2012-jku-205390.html

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys! Problem solved with a little electrical tape around the door strike. No more rattle at all! Thanks again forum world!

·
Registered
269 Posts
SCRATCH EVERYTHING YOU JUST READ AND TRY THIS! i went crazy trying to diagnose this issue and it was fixed with lip balm! i put it around the whole door seal and it took att the noise away as well as fixed a leaking issue i had. works like a charm and costs less than a few bucks

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
SCRATCH EVERYTHING YOU JUST READ AND TRY THIS! i went crazy trying to diagnose this issue and it was fixed with lip balm! i put it around the whole door seal and it took att the noise away as well as fixed a leaking issue i had. works like a charm and costs less than a few bucks
So? Unless a JK wears lipstick. It can't hit a bump without knocking? Interesting. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts