Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put in new floor pan on passenger side then checked drivers side saw rust but floor is strong
...see pic..wondering if I can clean up with rustoleom paint and rust inhibitor or maybe por15. ..it's under carpet so I don't care what it looks like...could use advice thanks..would like to be relatively inexpensive

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
If it were my jeep I would try to grind away the rust to see what you're left with. Doesn't look extreme but it doesn't look good either. Then replace it if needed, if not then primer and paint it up

·
Registered
623 Posts
Grind it down and por15 or chassis saver it... Might be time to strip down the interior, clean it up and bedline it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sand that bad boy down real good and see if it still holds strong. If it does, spray some rustoleum and is say line it. I herculined the entire floor of my jeep and it's fantastic. Put your jeep on a lift (or lift it yourself) and Spray some undercoat. (Make sure not to hit the drive shaft, etc) you'll be good from both sides for a long while.

·
Registered
881 Posts
That just looks like surface rust. I would just get it good and clean and use some POR-15 on it. You don't have to get all the way to clean metal. (POR =paint over rust)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts