Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now an then, I'll get into my jeep and the seat will be all the way down. It's has got to be either the valving will bypass with no weight in the seat or some tall person is sneaking into my garage and taking my jeep for a spin when I'm not looking. I'm thinking more likely the first. Anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
There has been a few threads on here about this.

I believe the consensus is that you are inadvertently pressing down on the height adjustment lever as you exit. Not a difficult thing to do, if you "slide" out and down from the drivers seat.

Some owners have taken to removing the lever in order to prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be, thought you had to pump it up and pump it down. This is an all at once type thing where it was at the height I like it when I got out but all the way down the next morning. I'll try to pay a little more attention to my exit routine. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have noticed the same except not all the way, hitting getting in and out makes sense, will have to take more care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts