Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 WranglerX with Rocky Mountain Trim. The front seats have the tilt feature to allow access to the rear. The passenger seat tilts and operates freely and in the normal position has several inches of slide forward and back. However the Drivers side in the normal driving position only has about 1 inch of travel fwd and aft. I'd like to get a little more forward adjustment but it appears to be hitting a mechanical stop. The slide track has a raised area punched into the track about 1/4" from the track end to keep the seat from sliding fwd off of the track but the seat won't slide anywhere near that far fwd. if the seat is normally limited to 1" of adjustment I'll live with it but I would like to get more travel without altering or adding other hardware.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed it

Since I hadn't received no quick response, I continued on because I couldn't believe Jeep would install a seat slider that would not slide but 1". Brushed, cleaned and blew any dust and debris from the track. Lubricated the track areas and cable adjusters with WD40 (Fish Oil), and let set overnight. Evidently the pin stops weren't lifting out of the track. So I answered my own question, Thanks me, the Driver seat does have more than 1" of travel.:iamhappy:

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Something is wrong with you slider rails on the driver's side. There should be about 4" of fwd/back travel adjustment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks Neil. I've got travel now, most likely the last owner had the perfect setup for himself an never had to slide the seat so the lock pins got corroded or gunked up in that one position. I'm a little short legged and was going to have to consider building up the pedals. My gained forward travel has eliminated that need now. Thanks again for the come back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts