Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caved in and paid to have my rear shoes, wheel cylinders and spring set up to be replaced. I drove it about 80% of the way home and didn't seem to notice a problem sound wise but at that point it was a clicking noise and it would only go away when I hit the brake. I looked at the adjuster and its as tight as it can get and it needs to be since I got new drums and shoes. I don't see any leaks and I'm assuming since it was a shop it was installed correctly. Also I noticed the smell about 5 mins in so I'm guessing it was actually pulled out of the garage messed up already it just didn't happen til I hit high speeds. My question is what do you guys think? I really need a reliable vehicle right now and this is frustrating does anyone think if a put the old drum on I could make it to my interview? Il be trying it regardless just some insight would be nice as to what il be walking into once I get off in the morning. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
best guess would be that either something was assembled wrong or came apart or it is adjusted much too tight..take the drum off and see if its all still together..if it is then back the adjustment off some and drive it carefully back to the shop that did the work

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah dont do a lot to it before you take it back or the shop will blame you for messing it up. Sounds like the adjusted it too tightly or you have a brake hose collapsing.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
They screwed up. Take it back ASAP or they will leave you screwed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts