Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where i can get a new driveshaft to fix the strain on my u joints with my 4" lift, but i don't have a SYE and would rather not seeing as how its a few hundred bucks, and way more work than i'd wanna tackle. thanks.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Nope, not really. You need the SYE & a CV Driveshaft to help cure the strain of the u-joints. The only thing that might help would be a transfer case drop if you haven't already done that.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
330 Posts
Also, you'll need adjustible upper or lower control arms to set the pinion angle if your lift doesn't already have that. Unfortunately, the SYE/CV/adjustible CA thing is an expensive adder to a lift, but will save wear and tear on ujoints and bearings. It will also let you tuck the t-case skid back up to the frame for more clearance.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the transfer case drop. I haven't done it yet, but how does that exactly work? I would think the t case is bolted to the tranny just like the tranny to the motor? I haven't pulled the skid plate down to look. So how exactly does this work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts