Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have my driveshaft off of the transmission bracket and still on the u joint, just wondering what the best way of reinstalling the driveshaft back in would be, I got an 05 LJ if that changes anything..thanks

·
Knows a couple things...
49,617 Posts
The only way you're going to get it back onto the slip joint/t-case output shaft is to unbolt the rear of it from the rear axle. Get an 8mm wrench & remove the four bolts that hold its rear-most u-joint onto the pinion yoke & slip the front back onto the slip joint. Then reinstall its rear u-joint back into the rear yoke. No worries about orientation, yoiu can't get it out of balance.

Make sure when you are reinstalling the rear u-joint back into the yoke that you get the u-joint seated all the way down into its recess in the yoke. Use a little blue Locktite on the four 8mm bolt threads so they don't come loose.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
The only way you're going to get it back onto the slip joint/t-case output shaft is to unbolt the rear of it from the rear axle. Get an 8mm wrench & remove the four bolts that hold its rear-most u-joint onto the pinion yoke & slip the front back onto the slip joint. Then reinstall its rear u-joint back into the rear yoke. No worries about orientation, yoiu can't get it out of balance.

Make sure when you are reinstalling the rear u-joint back into the yoke that you get the u-joint seated all the way down into its recess in the yoke. Use a little blue Locktite on the four 8mm bolt threads so they don't come loose.
Thanks man you are the best I will pm you if I run into any issues

1 - 5 of 5 Posts