Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, its time to start eliminating things that could be causing me problems with this rumbling/vibrating in getting at around 5mph. i just replaced the u-joints on my rear driveshaft and it came out super easy. im going to take the front one out and drive it to see if it gets rid of my problem. any tips on removing the front one? it looks a lot tougher than the rear one was. searched for youtube vids and such but had no luck

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
2 bolts on the front axle yoke and 4 bolts on the t-case side to remove the shaft from the t-case yoke... can be a bit difficult to get to, but I can do it in about 15 minutes. You won't get a socket on the t-case side, it'll have to be a combo wrench.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
there are four bolts on each end. two for each strap in the front. they are size 8mm. you can get to the ones from the back of the skid plate with a pretty long extension and a swivel joint. sometimes the front part is stuck onto the front axle, once you have all of your bolts out and the straps off, if it still doesnt budge, get your tire iron and pry it off.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. i was worried about those on the t-case side. i didnt want to have to drop the skid plate. thanks guys this forum is awesome.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
cory05tj said:
ok. i was worried about those on the t-case side. i didnt want to have to drop the skid plate. thanks guys this forum is awesome.
Any time glad we could help. If you've got any more questions feel free to ask.
But of course, always try to use the search option first because chances are, someone se has had the same question as you! Happy jeeping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts