Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im looking for a double cardan front driveshaft for my jku rubicon 2014. I have the choice between rubicon express, dana and g2. Honestly, I have no idea wich one to choose! If some of you have one of them please help me!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have rubicon express driveshafts. The rear one is fine. I had to have the front one shortened and rebalanced because it was too long. I have 4" of lift and when sitting on level ground, it was almost bottomed out.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have rubicon express driveshafts. The rear one is fine. I had to have the front one shortened and rebalanced because it was too long. I have 4" of lift and when sitting on level ground, it was almost bottomed out.
Good to know! The dana is for 2-4" of lift and the other one are 6" down, i wondered why but now i know...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adams best CS on the planet. You going through 4wp, is that why you have only those 3 choices?
Yep im going through 4wp cause im from canada and there's a shop near to me so its a lot, lot less expensive! There is no shipping and no border fees so at least 200$ less than the same DS order direct through anywhere in usa!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The adams drive shaft look interesting... They are less expendive than the g2 and dana! I think i gonna contact them to see how much i would be for the shipping! Thanks guys for your help

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
The adams drive shaft look interesting... They are less expendive than the g2 and dana! I think i gonna contact them to see how much i would be for the shipping! Thanks guys for your help
You should be happy with your decision. I'm running Adams front and rear drive shafts on my 4" long arm lift on a 2 door and they work great.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Do you run the 1310?
Yes. We felt that the 1310's would be strong enough for my built up D44's and 37's while potentially allowing a bit more angle. When I end up with D60's and some bigger tires, I'll probably go to the 1350's.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. We felt that the 1310's would be strong enough for my built up D44's and 37's while potentially allowing a bit more angle. When I end up with D60's and some bigger tires, I'll probably go to the 1350's.
Sounds good im running 35 and probably never going to go with bigger tire so the 1310 will be fine! Can you post a picture of you jeep? I wanna see 4" lift with 37

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Sounds good im running 35 and probably never going to go with bigger tire so the 1310 will be fine! Can you post a picture of you jeep? I wanna see 4" lift with 37
Here you go:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stock with sleeves, gussets, truss, 5.13's, and 10 Factory axle shafts.
this is what i should do before bending it... I'm not impress with the stock rubicon! I bought it 1 year ago thinking it was really strong, but was only strong enough with no lift and 32's!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Is there any different lenght because i found a brand new on ebay with 20$ shipping... They say "up to 6inches".

View attachment 2905921
Typically they will have you call them and give them a measurement after you order it. If you buy it, just give them a ring right after.

They can estimate it but it's better to tell them exactly how your Jeep sits from flange to flange.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts