Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a stupid question but! How do you remove your drivesaft? Does it just slide out?

·
Registered
192 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA your so dumb you dont know how to do that? woooow what a newb!:rofl:

no that is not a stupid question, i would like to know the answer to that question to, so please someone answer!

haha sorry i made your heart beat a little bit with anger like "no he didn't" haha!:hide:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TRM627 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA your so dumb you dont know how to do that? woooow what a newb!:rofl:

no that is not a stupid question, i would like to know the answer to that question to, so please someone answer!

haha sorry i made your heart beat a little bit with anger like "no he didn't" haha!:hide:
I was like aww heck no! :p

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
darkproximity said:
Rear? Unbolt from pinion yoke and slide out
So it literally unbolts from from the tcase? What about the front? Im about to be taking out my axles

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
The rear if it still has a slip yoke, it unbolts from the pinion (which is on the axle end) and slides out of the transfer case. You might lose fluid out of the rear so have something handy to plug the t case up with. The front unbolts from the tcase yoke and pinion yoke, should be 8mm bolt heads

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
darkproximity said:
The rear if it still has a slip yoke, it unbolts from the pinion (which is on the axle end) and slides out of the transfer case. You might lose fluid out of the rear so have something handy to plug the t case up with. The front unbolts from the tcase yoke and pinion yoke, should be 8mm bolt heads
If I need to change tranny fluid can I just let it drain then fill her up? Could you possibly post pics?

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
You won't get all the fluid out from the rear output, you have a drain and fill plug on the back of the tcase though, I'd recommend getting a hand pump to pump fluid back in.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
darkproximity said:
You won't get all the fluid out from the rear output, you have a drain and fill plug on the back of the tcase though, I'd recommend getting a hand pump to pump fluid back in.
Where can I get one from?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
darkproximity said:
Wherever you buy the ATF
Okay, well lets hope I do okay getting the droveshaft out

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Its quite simple really, you should have no problem.

Also just to put it out there, be sure to put the drive shaft back in before you fill it up

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
darkproximity said:
Its quite simple really, you should have no problem.

Also just to put it out there, be sure to put the drive shaft back in before you fill it up
Haha ill try to man! Thank you for your help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts