Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving today on the highway straight into the wind was interesting. My Jeep kept on pushing forward with more pedal pessure then usual and i bet i was getting about 10 MPG !! Man all the wind noise in the cabin and pushing the Jeep just to do 55 mph i loved every minute of it !! :D

Well at least when i go home i'll get a tail wind and my MPG's will probably increase to 25 Mpg !!

For all you Jeepers who live in the snow region's enjoy the snow !! Happy Holidays everyone

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
10 mpg is my downhill, with a tailwind mileage

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
And I bet the hood was "fluttering" like a mofo.
Yah, I can tell you from experience when that starts happening, be prepared to be pushed over half of a lane in either direction by a gust. Then clean up the skid marks at the next rest stop.:eek:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
JDsDream said:
10 mpg is my downhill, with a tailwind mileage
What do you drive a tank? I have 35s and 4.10s and i get 16 on the interstate.

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
Okay I lied, I actually get 10.5 on the average.:banghead: 06 Unlimited, I-6 auto. Probably has more to do with my lead foot than my Jeep. That's what driving a BMW and playing with race cars for 20 years will do to you.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
JDsDream said:
Okay I lied, I actually get 10.5 on the average.:banghead: 06 Unlimited, I-6 auto. Probably has more to do with my lead foot than my Jeep. That's what driving a BMW for 20 years will do to you.
It also has to do with the model jeep you are driving, jks get way better mileage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts