Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal in Arkansas to drive with my doors off and no side mirrors? I've seen numerous Jeeps around town with no doors and no side mirrors. I don't particularly feel like getting harassed by the police about it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Depends on where you are. Arkansas Law says you need at least driver's side, but I have a buddy who has never gotten a ticket and he drives with no doors or mirrors all the time. I'm in Fort Smith and I see people with no mirrors on a daily basis.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I'm in Jonesboro and I am a bit leary of driving W/O side mirrors. But I see countless jeeps doing it. I know with my luck I'd be the one to get a ticket even though everyone else does it too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
There's a guy on here, Defiant Systems, who makes and sells some really good mirrors. You can get Harley mirrors or even some cheap ones at O'Reilly.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
I got the rugged ridge quick disco mirrors and ended up running them full time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the rugged ridge quick disco mirrors and ended up running them full time.
Im thinking I will end up doing the same. Don't wanna have to keep changing back and forth every time I run doors on/off. Any thoughts on the relocation brackets they sell? Made to use factory mirrors?

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Any thoughts on the relocation brackets they sell? Made to use factory mirrors?
I bought a set when I got my rig and they didn't work with doors on. It moved the passenger so far forward that you couldn't see it as the door would be in the way. Personally, I just didn't like it. They may have resolved that since then.

As for the quick disco, I am going to replace the small round mirrors w/ some 5x7s as the small mirrors are too hard to adjust.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got the relocation brackets and use them all summer . You can make the passages side work but you have to reposition it every time you open the door. It's a pain but it is a jeep . What you gonna do

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok just a follow up. I got a set of rugged ridge mirror relocation brackets. The passenger side mirror is def obstructed with doors on. But fine with doors off. I will probably break out the chop saw and welder to modify it after summer is over. It's Waaaay too much fun driving w/o doors to bother with it now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts