Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just subscribed to the forum , and have found really good info in here , my problem right now is getting my DRL to work with a new set of led headlights I just got , they have the halo ring and that's the part that I'm having problems with , I have current going to both of the red wires which are supposed to turn the ring on when the DRL are on but they don't turn on , am guessing a ground issue , I tried to connect them to the fuse box using an add a circuit tap and didn't work either , the only time they work it's when I turn my lights on which I don't understand why , I don't know if I'm being clear or if anyone has any ideas on what to do I've messed with them for the past 2 days and I still can't get them to work just by having my DRL on , any help will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
It is because LEDs are evil. You shouldn't want to blind people, bad Jeeper.
That's like saying GUNS kill people and SPOONS make people fat! The problem is people put cheap LED's in, that have poor cut off and/or lift their Jeeps and don't re-aim their lights.

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
I just subscribed to the forum , and have found really good info in here , my problem right now is getting my DRL to work with a new set of led headlights I just got , they have the halo ring and that's the part that I'm having problems with , I have current going to both of the red wires which are supposed to turn the ring on when the DRL are on but they don't turn on , am guessing a ground issue , I tried to connect them to the fuse box using an add a circuit tap and didn't work either , the only time they work it's when I turn my lights on which I don't understand why , I don't know if I'm being clear or if anyone has any ideas on what to do I've messed with them for the past 2 days and I still can't get them to work just by having my DRL on , any help will be appreciated.
Have you used a multimeter to ensure you have current when you turn on your DRL?

·
Registered
229 Posts
DRL module is in a box attached to the firewall. If I remember correctly it's the orange wire in the harness going into the box. Unless you hook up to that wire or cut it you'll have troubles. My halos turn on with daytime lights but my module buzzed until I turned on the headlights. I ended up cutting the orange wire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I got pulled over two days after installing them funny story , They're Dot approved so nothing happened , they truly are bright , and I haven't checked that module im going to do that tomorrow , I do get current when I turn my DRL they just won't light the halo ring for some reason unless I turn my headlights on

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's like saying GUNS kill people and SPOONS make people fat! The problem is people put cheap LED's in, that have poor cut off and/or lift their Jeeps and don't re-aim their lights.
Don't replace your headlights with guns either. Why would you even mention such a ridiculous thing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts