Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
If you are in the states, you can get a ProCal or FlashCal and turn them on, but they are not turned on by the factory for US Jeeps

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
You can however manually turn on your fog lights. Simply turn the knob to the running light position and pull the fog light switch out. Of course you have all the other lights (marker and tail) on as well, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Main headlights would be off.

You can set the fog lights or your headlights to be your DRL on the recode if you buy the device.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have a 17 Rubicon JKU and wondered if the DRL's be turned on.

Thanks
Glock231,
I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure. The reason is, I, like several others on here, have earlier than 2017 Jeeps and, have installed the OEM LED headlights from '17 models. I want my headlights to be daytime running lights, not the fogs, not the turn signals, nothing but the headlights. Well, if you were to take the advice given, to purchase a module for re-programming multiple phases of operation of your Jeep, yes, you can TURN ON, the daytime runners. And, at least the AEV ProCal one that I have, you have the option of using any of the following for daytime runners:

Headlights.... low beam
Headlights....High beam
Fog lights
Turn signals

However, in the instructions of the use of the AEV ProCal, it does state that when choosing the headlights as daytime runners, the the TIPM factory jeep module, will only allow a lesser voltage to those headlights when daytime runners are activated. I know, because I did it with the factory piece of crap headlights, before I installed the OEM LED ones. And those Halogen headlight daytime runners were seriously SICK. They looked like a candle with sunglasses in front of them.

So, what this is all leading to is, I asked, on here, just what would happen to the factory OEM LED headlights, if I re-activated the daytime runners, using the headlight low beams, and they were fed only low voltage?

After several days, which turned into weeks, not one person on this forum could ACCURATELY answer what would happen to the factory OEM LEDs if they were fed low voltage. Yeah, many GUESSED they would be ok and some, GUESSED there would be damage and some, GUESSED they wouldn't even turn on.

I had ONE MEMBER get back to me that had or has, a '17 Jeep Rubicon, that lives in CANADA, where daytime runners are manditory. He stated that his HEADLIGHTS are his daytime runners, not the fogs, not the turn signals. And, at that time, no one could tell me if the Jeeps (Rubicons/Hard Rocks/Saharas) (all of which come with OEM LEDS for headlights) that are built for, or are destined for Canada, have the daytime runners enabled AT THE FACTORY or, are enabled when they reach dealerships in Canada.

If they are enabled at the factory, then does the factory tune the TIPM to give the OEM LEDs full voltage so the lights are not harmed? Or, if the Canadian dealerships do the enabling, are they doing something to the TIPM to allow full voltage to those OEM LEDs? Or, does the TIPM in Canadian destined Jeeps just come that way and the dealerships enable the Daytime runners without any other mods?

Again, no one seemed to know all the answers to any and all of these questions back when I enquired. So, when you asked about enabling yours and, the fact that you have a '17 Rubi, this will be interesting to see what kind of advice you get, knowing that, you SHOULD have OEM LEDs. I'd be really interested to see what happens to yours, (your headlights that is) should you enable them to be daytime runners.
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts