Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing grab handles. I attempted to insert some cardboard to keep the bolt from falling into the pillar as I was removing it but I managed to screw it up anyway. Do I need some sort of a magnet tool to get it out of there? Thanks in advance. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had no luck with a magnet, so I pulled the A-pillar cover. Took about 10 minutes total.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm in the process of installing grab handles. I attempted to insert some cardboard to keep the bolt from falling into the pillar as I was removing it but I managed to screw it up anyway. Do I need some sort of a magnet tool to get it out of there? Thanks in advance. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!
I was installing grab handles on a friends rig and the same thing happened. Just remove the side panel of the dash and you should find it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did that exact same thing last weekend. Dropped the long spacer inside the A-pillar trim. It was cold out and I lost my grip. Grrrr.

Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started removing the pillar but I got a little nervous as my Bluetooth microphone is in the upper part. So instead I removed the side panel of the dash and felt up at the bottom of the pillar with my fingers but I couldn't locate the bolt. At that point I was getting really pissed so I said the hell with it and I installed the grab handles (Carolina Metal Masters) and I took it for a ride and didn't notice any rattling noise from the bolt. I'll be messing around with the dash again as my Kicker speakers were just delivered today. Maybe the bolt will reveal itself then. By the way, the Carolina grab handles were really easy to install. But it would have been a lot easier if I didn't drop that damn bolt. But at least I'm batting .500, I didn't drop the bolt from the other side.

·
Registered
172 Posts
you won't hurt your BT mic, it's super easy and safe. Unscrew (softly) the plastic screw, pop out the insert, pull. easy, no damage

·
Registered
125 Posts
I did the same thing! I removed the side piller and the bolt was right there. It was actually easy to do and no damage, but yeah I was a little upset with myself. So after I did this I did some research and found a guy who used duct tape (sticky side out of course) inside his socket to make the bolt stick. I did that and it worked great on both sides!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Been there done that as well. Prior to removing the bolt, if you stuff a paper towel into the A pillar before removing bolt, that will help retrieve it in case it does fall. Learned that on the my jeep, tried it on my wife's jeep.
I also just pulled back the plastic on the A pillar and pulled it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts