Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright need some help on what to do I have a 5spd behind my 4.0 and my jeep is a 2004 so... I'm dropping my trans and transfer because I am getting a new clutch and want to prep everything but can't leave the jeep in the garage anyways... I have already dropped the skid front and rear drive shafts and also pulled the shifter what are my next steps??

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
PM me an email address and I can send you what you need...

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Docs sent. Remember to change out the pilot and release (throwout) bearings while you're in there! If you don't open the hydraulic system then you won't need to bleed the system.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I did it yesterday and getting the transmission back on was Hell! Only took about 15 minutes of wiggling but that is a long 15 minutes under a tranny pulling and shaking. Clutch replacement was very easy. I didn't run into any issues but make sure you check your rear core plugs while you have the tranny off. I replaced mine just to be safe. They were very cheap and easy to install.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Docs sent. Remember to change out the pilot and release (throwout) bearings while you're in there! If you don't open the hydraulic system then you won't need to bleed the system.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
That's why I'm changing the clutch bad throw out bearing. Alright cool thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts